For all those couples now including an intimate wedding or elopement into your celebrations, this location guide is to offer as much help as I can!
I’ve put together some ideas for locations in the Lynchburg area that you might want to check out in your planning process!
*Please note that due to the coronavirus situation constantly changing, this information or actual availability may vary. I recommend reaching out to all potential locations to confirm availability and operational status.
1. Old City Cemetery, https://www.gravegarden.org/
– You could check our a few different spots in the cemetery – the confederate section, the pond, there are a few open areas at the top of the cemetery near the swing.
2. HumanKind, https://www.humankind.org/
– There are several open fields that you could use with a few different views. The tall pine forest is at the back of the open field behind the line of buildings.
3. Riverside Park, https://www.lynchburgparksandrec.com/our-parks/riverside-park/, https://www.lynchburgvirginia.org/listings/miller-claytor-house/
-There is a stone overlook that might be a beautiful backdrop. They were doing construction on it but I’m not sure if it is completed. The Miller-Claytor House is also located in the park and has a small garden and a large willow tree.
4. Anne Spencer House, http://annespencermuseum.com/
-The house has a really pretty gazebo/pergola and garden that are open from dawn to dusk.
5. Ed Page Entrance/Awareness Garden, https://www.lynchburgparksandrec.com/trails/trails-of-blackwater-creek/
– The Awareness Garden is just a little bit inside the Ed Page entrance to the Blackwater Creek Trail. Use the map location of St. George Greek Orthodox Church, 1724 Langhorne Rd, Lynchburg, VA 24503. The parking lot is located right next to the church. It has a wide pergola and there are a few benches and a stone wall that people could potentially sit on during the ceremony.
If you are looking for more of a sweeping or epic view, you could try the following (some options are free, some may have a fee):
Raven’s Roost Overlook, https://www.theoutbound.com/virginia/photography/photograph-ravens-roost-overlook
– It’s free since it’s just a pull-off on the Blue Ridge Parkway but it is about an hour away.
-A family that lives in Bedford county allows photographers to use their property (with views of the Peaks) for photos. They are in the process of building a venue and have had very reasonable fees. Message @kirkpatrickhomestead on Instagram.
In the Lynchburg area, there are so many wonderful venues that are offering special packages and dates for elopements for couples affected by the coronavirus. I recommend speaking to see about their availability and potential costs.
- Glencliff Manor, https://www.glencliffmanor.com/
- Windridge Manor, https://www.winridgemanor.com/
- Venue 1848, https://www.venue1848.com/
- Vaughan House Greenhouse, https://vaughan-house.com/
- Atelier Lynchburg, https://www.atelierlynchburg.com/
6. Belle Garden Estate, https://www.bellegarden-estate.com/
Check out this blog post about other potential vendors for your elopement/intimate ceremony!
*I’m available to photograph your intimate ceremony and elopement! I’d consider it an honor to capture it for you! Please reach out for special pricing and availability! *